Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Total number of runs: 75
Total number of miles: 511.85
Total time: 70 hours, 57 minutes, 31 seconds

Woodrow knows some people and yesterday when I came into work he had a number for the marathon if I wanted it. I don't want to run officially if Lisa can't, so I asked him if he could find a second number; he said he'd take a look.

The taper is pretty interesting. I feel like I'm not running nearly as hard (which I'm not) and it is difficult not to tack on a few miles. This past Saturday I ran 4 miles, which is a distance I haven't run in six weeks.

My parents and sister are going to be in town to see me run which is really exciting. My dad was at every soccer game and track meet that I ever competed in until I graduated high school, but almost never got to see me play ultimate in college. I miss having him there, and even though it is unlikely that he'll actually see me running the marathon, I'm excited to know that he's there cheering me on in spirit.

The other night I build Laura's desk and tonight I'm going to build a dresser for her. I enjoy building furniture and had a blast assembling stuff when I moved into my new place.

Over the weekend I had the good idea to take new pictures of the models I have painted for my Wood Elves (you can see them here). At some point during the evening I put one of my trays full of Dryads on the ground to make space on my desk. The chair I've been sitting in has been broken since I got it and it chose that night to break. When it broke, it dropped me on top of my figures, literally crushing 11 of the 24 Dryads on the tray. I believe I can salvage most (if not all) of them, but it is a bit depressing to see them smashed up and broken after all the work I put into them.

I also started painting a Wardancer and pretty much finished him up last night. The models are gorgeous and I had a ton of fun painting him, but I'm not really happy with how he came out. In general he looks drab and uninteresting, and I know that the way I painted his hair is really letting the model down. I'm going to take a stab at the hair again and probably re-highlight his leather pieces to try to get some brightness on the model.

No comments: