Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My running has been going a lot better lately. Whatever stomach problems were ailing me over the previous few weeks seem to have largely left. Most of my runs go off without any problems and hopefully I am back on track. Currently I have run 825 miles this year (and 875 since I started training for the Boston Marathon in December).

I found out recently that Kenny Florian, one of my favorite UFC fighters, is opening a training center in Brookline. I've toyed with the idea of taking Jiu-Jitsu classes and this was a really cool opportunity to do that. I signed up for their mailing list and got an e-mail today letting me know that there would be early registration this Friday and that classes would be starting on September 2nd. While these dates suck for me, I'm still really interested and will keep checking their website to see what's going on.

Last night Laura and I went to look at a bike for her in Cambridge. She took a ride on this bike (a Redline 925) and really liked it. She's been having some issues finding a bike that would fit her, but this one seemed to work really well. We're going to do a little bit more research before she commits to anything but this guy seemed pretty awesome.

After the bike shop we went to Newbury Comics and I bought a few CDs. I got the new Gaslight Anthem album which I've been listening to online for a while, a CD by the Flobots (which was the first hip-hop record I've ever purchased) and Boston's self titled album. Since Keely is taking his records back in September I was going to be without his Boston LP, which was pretty unacceptable. They've all been really good albums thus far and I think they'll be a lot of fun on the road trip.

No comments: