Friday, February 22, 2008

This has not been a stellar week. Laura had some dental work done last Thursday and was put on anti-biotics. On Sunday (maybe?) she developed developed a rash and it became clear that she was allergic to the anti-biotic. We were hoping to tough it out but ended up in the ER on Tuesday morning where we were told that she was just going to have to deal with everything but that eventually she would be ok. I went into work late and left early because I was exhausted. Around midnight we went back to the ER, and stayed there until 6am while the doctors made sure she was still ok. They determined she was and we both went home to sleep. At this point she developed sores in her mouth (either from the reaction or the dental work) and hasn't been able to eat solid food for a few days now. She went into the ER for a third time yesterday, and again they decided that even though she was miserable there wasn't anything they could do.

I haven't slept much since Sunday night and have been worried sick. I know she's going to be fine but it sucks that I can't do anything to make her feel better.

Total number of runs: 48
Total number of miles: 279.05
Total time: 38 hours, 06 minutes, 20 seconds

I've had several good runs over the past two weeks (several of the weekend 7 milers and Wednesday's 8 miler with Lisa) and one bad run (Sunday's 11 miler that I ran alone and with an Ipod). Overall I'm very happy with where my training is and I feel very confident heading into the longer runs.

In the coming weeks Lisa and I will do 17, 18, 13, 20, 12, and 20 before hitting the taper. Even 9 weeks ago when I started this whole thing, runs of that size would have been very daunting. Right now though, I'm really excited to tackle them and I know that I will do them well. This gives me a lot of confidence for the marathon itself, which I wasn't expecting to have.

Last night I did the final details on the last four Dryads, which leaves me with only the basing to finish. I am pretty proud of myself for getting motivated and painting 16 models in two weeks. At this rate I will have this army painted in a few months.

Spoony's friend Matt came to our place this past weekend and the three of us played a round robin tournament at 500 points - Matt beat both of us, and I beat Spoony. My victory over Spoony came because of some good rolling on my part and some bad rolling on his, but I also think my list starts off at an advantage over his due to all of my shooting and his lack of an armour save.

In the first turn against Matt I killed off his unit of fast cavalry, which I thought won me the game right away. However, my inexperience at the game led me to charge a ranked up unit of his infantry with my Glade Riders and Noble, and after a few rounds of combat he had killed most of my army. He had static combat resolution and a good armour save in his favor, and I just didn't have the volume of attacks needed to overcome that - lesson learned.

My Warmachine models arrived, and they're a bitch to assemble. They look fantastic though, and I'm both excited and intimidated to start painting them.

No comments: