Friday, February 08, 2008

Total number of runs: 38
Total number of miles: 209.69
Total time: 28 hours, 14 minutes, 40 seconds

On Wednesday I had to duck out on my first workout. Right before running I ate some cookies (a poor decision, but I was bored and they were sitting in front of me) and a few miles into my run my stomach was in knots. I managed to get through 5.5 of the 7 miles, but I wanted to die for most of it and my time was pretty damn slow. Yesterday's run went a lot better, but I'm still annoyed at myself for having to cut that run short.

I bought a bunch of Warmachine models today at work. In addition to the Battlegroup and Widowmakers from the previous post, I bought a box of Man-O-War Demolition Corps. The models are really awesome sculpts and the idea of men in steam powered suits of armour wielding giant hammers has a certain charm to it.



I received my Wardancers in the mail today. The models look really good, but I'm really intimidated by the detail that they have; I hope I can make them look good. This is the picture the seller posted on e-bay.



I couldn't have asked to win a better auction. There are seven models, which is the unit size I was planning on fielding. The group also has a musician model and a commander model, so I can field those things if I want to. They're all in excellent condition also.

My goal is to paint the Wood Elves before I get started on the Warmachine models, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen at all. I have 16 Dryad models primed and sitting on my desk, 10 Glade Guard models waiting to be assembled, a half converted Spellsinger, and now 7 Wardancers left to finish the elves, and I don't think I'll have the self restraint to stare at the Warmachine models and not paint them.

No comments: