Friday, January 11, 2008

I woke up this morning at 7:30 after a huge thunder clap had me sitting bolt upright. After looking outside and seeing sheets of rain I decided to take the bus to work. I saw three or four gorgeous fixes (and their hardcore riders) making their way through the rain and now I feel like a wuss.

I'm currently bidding on some Wardancers on ebay. If I win I'll have enough models to get my Wood Elf army up to 1000 points. I started painting the armour on my Alter Noble last night. Sometimes I think it looks really good and other times I think it looks terrible. The model itself has some funny angles that are casting shadows and tricking my eyes into thinking I didn't paint some areas, so I might just be getting used to it. We'll see.

Spoony and I played a 1500 point 40k game this past weekend. Due to some terrible deployment decisions on my part he was wiping the floor with me and I ended up conceding at the end of the third turn; not exciting.

Running has been a bit of a drag this past week. After blazing through the first three weeks, my legs have felt a bit tired while running recently and I can still feel the fatigue when I bike to work in the mornings.

Total number of runs: 18
Total number of miles: 82.68
Total time: 10 hours, 13 minutes, 45 seconds

Sir Edmund Hillary, one half of the pair of men who were the first to summit Everest, died.

No comments: