Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Six weeks down, one third of the way through the training.

Total number of runs: 30
Total number of miles: 157.19
Total time: 21 hours, 08 minutes, 19 seconds

This past week was not the best for running. There was a lot of snow and ice that caused me to run slower or awkwardly, and I ran on Saturday and Sunday after going out to bars the nights before. Even so, I have still felt great overall and I'm still very excited and motivated about the whole thing.

This past weekend I turned 24. I'm not usually very excited about birthdays and this time around was no exception. Despite my initial misgivings, the weekend was a very good time. Laura and I met up with Steve, Dar, Lauren, and Katie on Friday night. We hung out at the Pour House downtown and I had a great time seeing everyone. On Saturday I woke up early to run and then had brunch with my parents. We all then drove out to Beverly to see my sister in her new dorm room at her new school. She seemed to be doing just fine. Saturday night I went to Our House with a variety of ultimate players, rock climbers, and other people. It was a great night, and the first time I had closed a bar down in a while. Sunday was very relaxing and a good way to recover from the previous days' festivities.

Laura bought me four fillet mignon and Call of Duty 4 for my birthday. The game is a lot of fun (and very hard), but I'm most excited about the steak. I'll have to do some research about how to cook it so maximize the deliciousness of it.

Yesterday I was motivated to get some of my Wood Elves painted. I based all of my Glade Riders and both Nobles, and am nearly done with my Alter Noble. After that I run out of things to paint since it is too cold to prime anything outside.

We are moving our office on Thursday, so this past Friday and today were designated as packing days. I don't have an office per say, so I was assigned the storage closet and work rooms to pack up. With the possible exception of Gerry's office, each one of those rooms probably has more stuff in them than any single office. I finished the storage room at 1pm today, and started on the work room this afternoon. It looks like tomorrow I will be packing up the rest of the work room, my desk, and the work study desk. I am so tired of packing boxes and dealing with the move.

No comments: