Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Today has not been a very good day.

I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all. That wore off on the ride to work, but it isn't generally a good sign. Despite having a lingering and overbearing feeling that I have a lot of work to do, I don't have anything to do at work. The stress of thinking I have things to do, without actually having anything to do (and therefore alleviate my stress) is making me very nervous.

I found out today that the woman in charge of moving our office ordered furniture in a color that David does not like. No one told her to do this, she went ahead and did it based off of some conversations that this office and her have had. I got to tell David. He wasn't happy. He's now trying to see if the order can be changed, and I'll probably end up giving him the final verdict.

I also forgot to schedule someone into a meeting that will probably have to be rescheduled as a result. Not usually a big deal, but it isn't sure isn't helping anything today.

This is probably the first bad day I've had at work. I feel tired and bored and unmotivated, and even though I don't think I've done anything very wrong (the big mistake was not my fault) I still feel like I've screwed up today.

No comments: