Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Total number of runs: 25
Total number of miles: 130.51
Total time: 17 hours, 17 minutes, 03 seconds

This past week of training was phenomenal. The six miler on Wednesday was cold but Lisa and I kept a good pace and ran through it with no problems. The other six miler I ran alone on Saturday and found myself at the 3 mile mark a lot faster than I thought I would. Coming off of those two good runs I was feeling pretty confident about the 12 miles Lisa and I were going to do on Sunday. We managed 9 minute miles the entire way, and I felt very good all the way up to mile 10.

I don't think I've ever been in shape like this, and my confidence is through the roof. I am really excited about my training and the prospect of running the marathon; I think it is going to go very well.

Spoony and I played 40k yesterday. It was the first time I have used an Ork list and he beat me. There is a lot more finesse involved in this army than the Marines, or even the Tau. However, it was a very fun list to play and I'm excited about learning how to use it.

I went to Metro with Laura yesterday with the intention of seeing where my top-rope stamina was. I climbed seven climbs (four 5.10's and three 5.11's) and at the end of the day I felt fine. However, on sustained climbs I was struggling towards the end and both Laura and I had to take a break in the middle of our session to let our arms recover. My strength is very high right now but my stamina is not where I would like it to be. That being said, I think it was a very successful afternoon and I know that the stamina issues can be resolved quickly.

Alex Maas was in town this weekend. Laura and I went to a bar with him on Friday night. It was good to see him again and to catch up.

No comments: